Live-In Carer Vacancies
At Turquoise Care (Sussex), we offer long term careers and a chance to progress within our company.
It is not just a job, but it could be the right job for you and you have that chance to join our dedicated and supportive team and be part of something worthwhile in this ever-growing industry.
You’ll be joining not just a growing team but be treated as an individual where your needs are looked after and your views matter. Turquoise Care (Sussex) is a provider of high quality health and social care in the East Sussex Area. We believe in being there for their employees and rewards their employees with benefits for all their hard work, time and compassion. We understand this isn’t recognised enough in the care industry and know how challenging this role can be at times. We want to give YOU more than others do as we value YOU.
A Fantastic Employment Package – packed with benefits for you and your family.
A package that grows as you progress:
- Mileage Expense Paid – we help cover your travel expenses, so you don’t have to lose out
- Extra pay of 1 ½ times on a bank holiday – we understand family time is important so if you work on a bank holiday we will pay you extra for this
- Cash Rewards – introduce a new client or care worker and if they stay longer than 8 weeks we will reward you for this in your pay
- Very competitive rates of pay
Lifestyle and family
Because we believe it’s not all work and no play:
- Receive paid annual leave. Take that break, we all need it
- Free MOT for your car. it’s important to us that you drive safe and take care
- School time Support – Never miss your children growing up, we will let you attend your child’s school play or parents’ evening, yes that’s right we pay you for this too
- Bereavement contribution if a close loved one passes away, we will allow for extra annual leave and a give you a small funeral contribution. We understand how hard times like this can be
- Perk box – Benefits such a free mobile phone insurance, discounts on cinema tickets and pizza vouchers as well as Tesco gift cards are all available on the perk box app which is included within your employment package
A Career with Training, Support & Progression
Your personal development is ongoing and supported by qualified managers/seniors, you will start with a 12-week induction training course which includes completing the care certificate. As part of your training, you’ll shadow an experienced member of our team, whilst being paid for it. You can choose to study for a health and social care diploma and achieve a national recognised qualification whilst being paid at the same time. You’ll learn everything you need to know to deliver a high standard of care before supporting our clients. Regular supervisions and meetings will be held, these allow you to have your say and discuss your progression with us.
The role of a Live in Care Worker
As a Live in Care Worker with Turquoise Care (Sussex) you will be living in the client’s own home 24/7 and help deliver a personalised 1-to-1 care service to help them maintain their independence and choices. This would be for agreed periods of time with breaks in between. As a company we will ensure that you and the client are matched to the best of our ability for these longer stays and ensure you are both happy before commencing the package. You do not need a UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle however this is preferred to cover visits out if the client requests. You will also need to take a DBS check which we will pay for. Turquoise Care (Sussex) is an Equal Opportunities employer and we support equality and diversity.
As a live in care worker, you would need to maintain Care skills and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain that currency of practice and for personal development. To provide Care in accordance with current best practice, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations under the direction of the Manager, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time.